Just a girl - a very random girl...

rantings, ravings and general thoughts

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Camps, Vacations and hours sleeping in a car....

Hi! I'm SOOOO glad to be home! {Well, I'm still at my parents' house - heading back to the apt. this afternoon, but I'm finally back in good 'ole GA!)

Camp went really well! The group of low brass players that I worked with was really young, but the worked so hard and did a fantastic job at the concluding concert!

Vacation was a lot of fun. My family spent five days cooped up together in the Jeep and we didn't argue or fight and there was a lot of laughing! That's awesome!
Here are some highlights from the trip:

-the first Kentucky Fried Chicken ever/Harland Sanders Cafe (Corbin, KY)
-McHargue's Mill Library of Mountain Mill Stones (Levi Jackson St. Park-London, KY)
-Kentucky Music Hall of Fame (Renfro Valley, KY)
-Kentucky's Arts and Crafts Capital (Berea, KY)
-Wildcat Mountain Civil War Battlefield (Wildcat Mountain, KY)
-Flea Land - Kentucky's Largest Flea Market (London, KY)
-WWII P-38 Plane Restoration Museum "Glacier Girl" (Middlesboro, KY)
-The Lost Sea (Sweetwater, TN)
-Tennessee Aquarium IMAX Theater, Sharks! in 3D (Chattanooga, TN)
-Chickamagua Civil War Battlefield (Chickamagua, TN/GA)

For those of you that know me well, you're probably laughing out loud at this "out there" list of places that we visited.... not usually my cup of tea, and you can tell that my dad planned the trip! However, most of it was really interesting. And, it was cool to learn about things that my Dad finds so interesting. So - if you're ever looking to take a "Civil War/Flea Market/WWII" vacation in the Tennessee/Kentucky area - I can set you up!

Sooooo glad to be home. I hope that the kittens didn't eat my whole house! (Thanks Tim and Catie for feeding them while I was gone!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home