Just a girl - a very random girl...

rantings, ravings and general thoughts

Friday, December 23, 2005

BBQ and Family Memories

I just got home from my Uncle and Aunt's house in Jackson - annual Christmas dinner. (They always serve Barbeque from "Fresh Air" ... best BBQ in Georgia!!)

When I was 9 or 10, my Uncle Lamar decided that it was time for me to learn to drive. So - he took me and his HUGE pick-up truck out to the cow pasture (yes.... cows.... family farmers!) and put me behind the wheel. I loved every minute of it. There was nothing out there to hit (the cows moved when you started towards them) so, I had a blast! Mom however - was not so happy about it. ;o)

Once Britt (my younger brother) along with Amber, Amy, Heather (cousins) and I, decided that we were going to go to the pasture to inspect the cow patties. (For those who are really farm-illiterate, that's the cow poo....) We were really gross kids. *L* Well, we found a really huge one and we were all standing in a circle around it... Britt decided that he was going to be funny and picked up a huge rock and acted like he was going to toss it at the patty. YIKES! Well, the rock slipped, and the patty flew everywhere...all over everyone! Gross!!!


Well, I have a huge smile on my face just remembering all those crazy times on the farm.....

Merry Christmas Eve Eve to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home