Just a girl - a very random girl...

rantings, ravings and general thoughts

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

There's a Lifetime in those Biscuits...

My grandmother makes the most amazing homemade biscuits. They're perfect. The perfect texture, the perfect size, the perfect taste. I always enjoy them, but something about the biscuit I ate this morning was different. I was chewing the first bite and I just got this rush of thoughts- how did she learn to make these? Did she learn from her grandmother? How long did it take for her to perfect them? Does she think they taste as good as I do?

There is a lifetime in those biscuits... a lifetime of experience and practice and love....

My mom's cornbread is the same way.... perfect..... I can't count how many times I've watched Mom with her hands in a bowl of cornmeal mixing cornbread for Dad.... The bread is always perfect - it falls out of that old iron skillet and is always the perfect shade of tan. A lifetime of experience....

When will I find my food? The food that I make with all of my experience and love inside? Maybe I already make it and I don't know it.... (Maybe it's that peanut butter pie...*wink*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home