Just a girl - a very random girl...

rantings, ravings and general thoughts

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Well.... I had my first parent/teacher conference via telephone this afternoon. I have a student in my band class that refuses to play. If you don't play in band - you fail. He's a nice kid - and I didn't want him to fail, so I called up Mom.... I was terrified. My hands were shaking, and I hope that my voice didn't betray me and make me sound nervous. Mom was very helpful and nice, so I hope that the situation improves. All through school, I was told that if you made a phone call to a parent for something negative, that you should also call a parent for something positive that same afternoon. I did. I have a set of brothers in my bands that are the most polite, well-behaved students I've ever met... so I told Mom. She loved it!! :o) Made me feel good, too. Tim's birthday is tomorrow! (Yeah, I know - TOTAL topic change) I'm going shopping now to get food for the dinner I'm making him. (Lasagna.... yumm....) *putting on my armor to brave the Wal-Mart* Out.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger LA Waiting said...

oh my, talking to angry parents sounds scary! i think i'd start crying if they yelled at me. yay for tims birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home