Just a girl - a very random girl...

rantings, ravings and general thoughts

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

An eerie silence

After my rant from yesterday, I came home to a strange silence today. My neighbors are nowhere to be found. The cars are here, but there's no cackling. There's no grilling. Hmm... strange - very strange. I don't want to jinx it, though. At school, to raise money for a new trophy case, the student council is sponsoring a "Penny for Your Thoughts" contest. Students come in and put pennies in the jars of teachers that they like. The teacher that gets the most points by Friday wins a prize. Well, I went by today to check it out, expecting to see dust collecting in the bottom of my jar. I had 100 pennies! Sure, I'm still about $3 behind the leader, but I had votes! That put a little pep in my step for the rest of the day. :o) Three days 'till SPRING BREAK!

2 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lori... I just read your entire blog! T is working so I am just having some alone time. Congrats on Teacher of the Month.. and having an all-state band member in your band. I wish I had discipline. We need to have a dinner again.. I miss the dinners we had when you and Gincy were here in the 'Ville.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well they'd be nuts not to love you now wouldn't they!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home